Coconut Websites and Online Articles
- Coconut Research Center – An excellent site with many excellent information and links about coconut.
- Coconut-Info website – loaded with great information. This is where you can order Virgin Coconut Oil.
- UK site offering information on coconut oil can be found at www.coconut-connections.com
- Center for Research on Lauric Oils, Inc. – Contains information on the benefits of lauric acid and its healing effects. (Coconut oil is one of the lauric fats.)
- Best Single Summary: Coconut: In Support of Good Health in the 21st Century by Mary G. Enig, Ph.D., F.A.C.N. – The most comprehensive article online: it was 21 pages on my printer, 9 pages of which were scientific references. If you read nothing else, read this!
- Coconut Oil – Why it is Good for you – by Lita Lee. An excellent summary.
- Cholesterol and Coconut – An good summary article, found on the Temple of Thai online Thai grocery store.
- For Thais, palm oil always has been a good thing – by Olivia Wu, in the San Francisco Chronicle. Includes information from Kasma and a picture of her.
- Coconut Oil & Its Virtues – by Ray Peat, Ph.D
Other Pages of Coconut Links
- Coconut Oil Miracle by Bruce Fife, N.D. Piccadilly Books, Ltd, Piccadilly Books, Colorado Springs, CO, 2000, ISBN 0-941599-51-5.
- Know Your Fats: The Complete Primer for Understanding the Nutrition of Fats, Oils, and Cholesterol by Mary G. Enig, Ph.D. Bethesda Press, 2000, ISBN: 0967812607 – Your best bet for comprehensive information on the whole coconut oil/fat issue.
- Nourishing Traditions , by Sally Fallon with Mary G. Enig, Ph.D. NewTrends Publishing, revised edition October 1999, ISBN 0967089727 – Loaded with interesting information on all aspects of nutrition. Actually a cookbook with nutritional information. A fun read.
- The Cholesterol Myths: Exposing the Fallacy That Saturated Fat and Cholesterol Cause Heart Disease. By Uffe Ravnskov, M.D., Ph.D.
- All Thumbs Book Reviews is the Weston A. Price Foundation's list of recommended books about nutrition.
- Eat Fat Lose Fat, by Mary Enig & Sally Fallon, ISBN 0452285666 – on using coconut oil in a weight loss program.
- Eat Fat, Look Thin: A Safe and Natural Way to Lose Weight Permanently by Bruce Fife, Second Edition, ISBN 0941599620.